We continue to require face masks at all times in the office.
Please note the following COVID office policies:
- Everyone entering our office MUST WEAR a face mask.
- Most patient visits are in-office. We offer televisit appointments in some circumstances, but for most patients the physical examination is an important part of your evaluation. If you have questions about whether to schedule an in-office visit or a televisit, please send your doctor a portal message to discuss further.
- Televisits are performed through the Healow app. Please see HOW TO PREPARE FOR A TELEVISIT under Office News on our Home Page
- Please DO NOT visit our office if you have fever, OR respiratory symptoms such as cough, OR symptoms of a gastrointestinal illness, OR if, in the past 7 days, you have had close contact with someone who has had Covid, OR if you have recently traveled to an area that has had significant Covid infection. If any of these applies, please call to reschedule your appointment or infusion, or to schedule a televisit.
- These policies apply to everyone, whether you have received Covid vaccine doses or not.
Our doctors and staff wear masks and one-use gloves for contact with patients (with the exception of the doctor’s physical exam). We are observing social distancing in the office, with the following exceptions for brief clinical contact:
- Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure,
- Your doctor performing a physical examination, or joint injection procedure,
- Your infusion nurse performing vital signs, IV insertion and/or medication injection, and IV medication adjustment.
All of our doctors and staff are following the current CDC guidelines for COVID vaccinations.
We strongly recommend that all patients continue to stay current with CDC recommendations for Covid vaccine booster doses. We do not administer Covid vaccinations in our office. These are widely available at local pharmacies.
We also strongly recommend to all patients that you continue your current medicines, with no changes because of Covid-19. In cases of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriatic arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions, continuing your medications is important to control inflammation and maintain good health.
For more information about coronavirus precautions and vaccinations, visit the Maryland Health Department site: www.health.maryland.gov/coronavirus. For more information about Covid-19 from the CDC, visit www.cdc.gov.
We are not testing for coronavirus or flu in our office. Testing is available through home test kits, and PCR tests available at multiple walk-in sites in Montgomery County.