Face masks are now OPTIONAL in our office.
Please note the following COVID office policies:
- Face masks are now OPTIONAL in our office.
- HOWEVER, if you have any respiratory symptoms, such as cough or sniffles (even allergic), please wear a mask at all times in the office. Also, if you have had recent high risk exposure, such as air travel, please wear a mask in the office.
- Our doctors and staff have masks at the ready. IF YOU REQUEST, our doctors and staff will wear masks at all times when in the room or hall with you. Some of our doctors and staff will wear masks with all patients at all times.
- We have masks available for patients if you do not have one and wish to wear one in the office.
- Masks are USUALLY optional in the infusion suite. However, depending on circumstances, our infusion nurse may request that you wear a mask during your visit to the suite. Please follow her guidance.
- Most patient visits are in-office. We offer televisit appointments in some circumstances, but for most patients the physical examination is an important part of your evaluation. If you have questions about whether to schedule an in-office visit or a televisit, please send your doctor a portal message to discuss further.
- Televisits are performed through the Healow app. Please see HOW TO PREPARE FOR A TELEVISIT under Office News on our Home Page
- Please DO NOT visit our office if you have fever, OR symptoms of a cold, OR symptoms of a gastrointestinal illness, OR if, in the past 7 days, you have had close contact with someone who has had Covid, OR if you have recently traveled to an area that has had significant Covid infection. If any of these applies, please call to reschedule your appointment or infusion, or to schedule a televisit.
All of our doctors and staff are following the current CDC guidelines for COVID vaccinations.
We strongly recommend that all patients continue to stay current with CDC recommendations for Covid vaccine booster doses. We do not administer Covid vaccinations in our office. These are widely available at local pharmacies.
We also strongly recommend to all patients that you continue your current medicines, with no changes because of Covid-19. In cases of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriatic arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions, continuing your medications is important to control inflammation and maintain good health.
For more information about coronavirus precautions and vaccinations, visit the Maryland Health Department site: www.health.maryland.gov/coronavirus. For more information about Covid-19 from the CDC, visit www.cdc.gov.
We are not testing for coronavirus or flu in our office. Testing is available through home test kits, and PCR tests available at multiple walk-in sites in Montgomery County.