Our office is open. Our infusion therapy continues without interruption. Patient visits are being conducted almost exclusively with remote televisits, except in urgent situations requiring an in-person office visit, such as for evaluations requiring a physical exam, or for joint injections. Our lab is open – patients can come into the office briefly to have blood tests drawn. You can use CURBSIDE CHECK-IN to avoid waiting in the waiting room.
Televisits are performed through the Healow app. Please see HOW TO PREPARE FOR A TELEVISIT under Office News on our Home Page.
In order to protect our patients and staff, and as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19 in the community, we have put in place the following policies:
- Everyone entering our office MUST WEAR a face mask. We apologize that we are unable to supply masks to patients at this time, due to the national shortage. Click here for a quick and excellent video from the Surgeon General on how to make one.
- Please DO NOT visit our office if you have fever, OR respiratory symptoms such as cough, OR symptoms of a gastrointestinal illness, OR if, in the past 14 days, you have had close contact with someone who has had Covid, OR if you have recently traveled to an area that has had significant Covid infection. If any of these applies, please call to reschedule your appointment or infusion, or to schedule a televisit.
- In order to practice social distancing in the office, we have markedly restricted our number of in-office doctor’s appointments. Most visits are being conducted by TELEVISIT through the Healow app, or through the Backline platform that works on any browser. Please see Office News on our website home page for more details, after you close this window, and please call our staff with any questions about televisits.
- We are FULLY OPEN for INFUSION THERAPY without interruption, and we recommend that you continue your infusion therapy on your regular schedule. For your convenience and safety, we offer CURBSIDE CHECK-IN: when you arrive in our parking garage, call the office, and the staff will let you know when your infusion chair is open and ready for you (usually there is no wait). We practice careful social distancing and frequent sterile cleaning in the infusion suite, and masks must be worn by all patients and staff at all times throughout the office, including in the infusion suite.
Our doctors and staff wear masks and one-use gloves for any and all contact with patients. We are observing social distancing in the office, with the following exceptions for brief clinical contact:
- Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure,
- Your doctor performing a physical examination, or joint injection procedure,
- Your infusion nurse performing vital signs, IV insertion and/or medication injection, and IV medication adjustment.
At this time, we strongly recommend that you continue your current medicines, with no changes because of Covid-19. In cases of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriatic arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions, the health consequences of not treating these conditions are considerable, and we recommend continuing your prescribed treatment. Of course, you may call us at any time with questions specific to your case and your medications.
For information about getting tested for coronavirus, call the Montgomery County Communicable Diseases Hotline at 240.777.1755. We are not testing for coronavirus or flu in our office.